Received the IWEC (International Women Entrepreneurial Challenge) award in Brussels, Belgium in November 2016. Only three women were selected from India for this prestigious award.
Lalita Nijhawan hails from a family that has dedicated their lives and wealth for the welfare of society. She has taken forward this responsibility with complete commitment and vigour. She is also involved in social work such as providing medical and educational facilities to the less fortunate. She is involved in several social projects that include running different centres for skill development in rural areas, orphanages, women’s rights and empowerment. She has concentrated her energies to uplift the poor that live in urban and rural parts of India.
Lalita Nijhawan is actively associated with FICCI, and has represented Indian women in the U.S. and Canada. She has spoken on Indian Women for the New Jersey Television. She is the President of CKRDT Foundation that helps different organisations in the country for nation building activities. She has awarded cheque money to nationalbhajan singers in Mumbai for a some years.
As an educationist, she funds schools in tribal areas of Banswara. There are about 346 schools and 42,000 students. These schools have now spread to Tripura where there are 345 schools and 12254 students.
Work with women
- She is the co-convener of GIA (Group of Intellectuals & Academicians), which was started in 2015. The group takes up different issues which are ailing the country, especially the women of India. GIA held a press conference in Kerala and Delhi regarding the Jisha case, which played a part in the arrest of the rapist.
- She helps run a girls orphanage in Haridwar, where she assisted in the marriage of three girls in 2005; two girls who also studied in the orphanage have since become teachers.
- She has been holding seminars in Delhi University and educating the girl students there about different schemes of the Government that can help them become entrepreneurs and understand their legal rights.
- She helps facilitate skill development and vocational training for women and girls regularly.
Work with children
- For the past 24 years, she has been working at the ground level for women and the girl-child belonging to the most vulnerable and marginalized sections of the society living in tribal areas. When she started there were no roads to these villages; to hire even one teacher was not possible whereas now, these villages are flourishing in terms of improved societies through education, awareness, and empowerment.
- Through the Panini Kanya Vidyalaya, Varanasi, she is promoting the learning of Sanskrit among girls for better awareness about India’s culture.
- She holds personality development classes along with teaching yoga and karate for self-defense for girls.
- She also ensures that all the facilities that she works with have female toilets.
- She regularly arranges for medical facilities like vaccinations, polio drops, visits to doctors, etc. and organizes classes about hygiene and sanitation.
Lalita Nijhawan’s first foray into the field of entrepreneurship was setting up a pre-school in Vasant Vihar named‘Little People’. After running it successfully for 10 years, she entered the corporate world under the banner of ‘Nijhawan Travel Service (P) Ltd.’ It currently has 49 offices in India.
In 1998, she started ‘Travel Boutique’ in order to cater to and fulfill all travel needs of customers under one roof, from providing domestic and international ticketing to arranging inbound and outbound tours, hotels etc. She has been in business for the last 34 years and has received numerous awards through her journey.
At present, with over 40 years of experience in India, Nijhawan Group is one of the leading travel conglomerates and has vastly diversified entities within the Travel Industry. Nijhawan Group has a history of successful business partnerships with leading airlines and hotels. In fact, the company has successfully represented British Airways for 34 years, and has three decades with an array of major international airlines (including Kingfisher Airlines, Sama Airlines and Fly Dubai) providing them with wide-ranging services, from passenger to route management. We also represent top hotels chain across the world.
The Group also owns equity in TBO Group which is the largest online B2B travel portal in India.
Nijhawan Group has the means to commit dedicated resources to provide product focus and committed ownership – right from adopting our partner’s processes to enhancing the quality of service delivery with meticulous planning and foresight suited for the Indian environment.
Our airline and Hotel partners depend on us to provide complete management of their business in India to International standards. We work very closely with our relationships representation to maximize revenues and ensure cost effectiveness and high quality of service delivery. And in recent years, Nijhawan Group has taken bold steps in increasing the value offered to an extensive client base while broadening business horizons with new ventures.
With a workforce of 1100 employees and 47 fully automated and well-located offices across India, Far East, Middle East, Africa and Europe the group continues to grow and strengthen its network of services.
Nijhawan Group realizes its corporate social responsibility and successfully own CKRDT Foundation.
The Nijhawan Group has different verticals like Travel Boutique Online, retail outlets of Adidas, Levi’s and Benetton, catering in the name of Fork ‘N’Spoon, financial services, angel investmentstomany start-ups inthe digitalworld, mobile app developing services (e.g, Dineout, InShorts) and e-Commerce.
Fork ‘n’ Spoon is a new and amazing venture initiated by Nijhawan Group and Mr. Sameer Lamba. We aim to bring great quality and fantastic taste to all your events. Fork ‘N’ Spoon is Delhi-NCR’s premium catering services company. We offer our culinary specialisation to make all your events an occasion to remember. We consider ourselves as Culinary Artists, people with over 70 Years of experience in serving and delighting our customer. Our state of the art Kitchen and an experienced team of Chefs and Food Designers work with you to create a standout experience for all your Parties and Occasions